I am so happy how this card turned out! Although I think it looks better in real life than in the photo. Initially I thought I would really struggle using the eggs out of the Nature Walk Stamp set (p14 mini) so I decided to focus on the eggs when I designed this card. I also wanted to add some more dimension to the bird image so I cut out her wing and used the back of my paper piercer tool and rubbed it on the back of the paper to make the head stick out further than the body. I also cut out an egg and put it in the nest. Take a closer look:
I still have more Nature Walk cards to share so come back soon!
- Stamp Set/s: Nature Walk, En Francias & On Your Birthday
- Card: Cajun Craze, crumb cake, early espresso & Very Vanilla
- Ink: Cajun Craze, crumb cake, early espresso & Baja Breeze
- Accessories/Tools: Snail, Dimensionals, Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Two-Step Bird Extra-large punch, blender pen, mini glue dots, basic pearls jewels, cosmetic tips (non-SU) and sponges.
I was inspired to play along with the Pals Paper Arts PPA90 Sketch Challenge (click ‘here’ to see the other entries). As I am loving my new Nature Walk stamp set (p14 mini) I decided to use this set. I just love the butterfly! I popped up the wings by stamping them again, colouring them in and cutting them out before attaching them back on with mini glue dots. Take a closer look at it:
I will post soon some more the cards I made over the last couple of days with this stamp set.
- Stamp Set/s: Nature Walk, En Francias & Teeny Tiny Sentiments
- Card: Riding Hood Red, Black, Night of Navy & Very Vanilla
- Ink: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy & Crumb Cake
- Accessories/Tools: Snail, Dimensionals, Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, BigShot: Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Vintage Wallpaper, 4.4cm circle Extra-large punch, 6cm scallop circle extra-large punch, 3.2cm night of navy striped grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone brad clear, blender pen, mini glue dots, riding hood red stampin’ write marker and sponges.
The new Bring on the Cake stamp set (p13 mini catalogue) is a great set and not just for cards. At my Mini Launch Party held at the beginning of April I made some cupcake toppers. I used toothpicks and some sticky tape to hold the paper in place. I made these up quickly but I plan to do more cupcake toppers for my daughter’s birthday next month.
Congratulations to Di who won the Lucky Door prize (a stamp set) but everyone went home with goodie bags. Here is a picture of how I decorated the tops of the bags. Great idea for kids party bags.
I used the new Create a Cupcake stamp set (p12 mini catalogue) and the Thank You stamp is from the Hostess Only stamp set level 1 Silhouette Sentiments (p11 IB&C).
This is my Mojo Monday 185 entry. I decided to play along this week as the stamping group I belong to (Avid Inkers) had a colour challenge of Concord Crush, Bashful Blue & Pear Pizzaz (colours may have come from a splitcoaststampers colour challenge?). Anyway, I needed a sketch layout to get me started so after looking around at blog challenges I found the Mojo Monday 185 sketch great inspiration. Here is the sketch:
- Stamp Set/s: For Everything & Teeny Tiny Sentiments
- Card: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue & DSP Green House Gala
- Ink:Pear Pizzazz & Bashful Blue
- Accessories/Tools: Snail, Dimensionals, Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, 6cm scallop circle extra-large punch, two-step bird punch, pear pizzaz ribbon, basic pearls jewels, Boho blossoms punch, word window punch, modern label punch, sponges, 2.5cm circle punch, 4.4 cm scallop circle extra-large punch.
Do you like my Babuskha Doll made from Stampin’ Up! punches? I only used three punches: Two-Step Owl punch, 1″ Circle punch and Oval Extra-Large punch. The lips are two of the owl’s toes cut out… I haven’t seen this made before so I will consider it my original creation (like my Super Hero Owl) but there are so many blogs out there so who knows…
This card was perfect for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge PP87. The challenge was to use punches on a card. Click HERE to take a look at all the other beautiful entries to this challenge.
I made my first Babuskha Doll card for a Make and Take for a Workshop last weekend. The hostess had requested I show the versatility of punches and one of the best punches for that is the Two-Step Owl punch! However, I had wanted to do something they may not have seen before and I had recently been to a Handmade Market where I was looking at skirt for my daughter made of material with little Babuskha Dolls. I didn’t buy the skirt (but wished I had) so it was on my mind while I was trying to work out what to make! Anyway, here is the workshop card:
Cheers Deb Fearns
Supply List for the PPA87 Challenge Card:
- Stamp Set/s: Vintage Vogue & Bring on the Cake
- Card: Riding Hood Red, Black, Very Vanilla & DSP Love Letter
- Ink: Riding Hood Red, Black & Crumb Cake
- Accessories/Tools: Snail, Dimensionals, Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, sponges, Two-Step Owl punch, 1”(2.5cm) circle punch, Oval Extra-Large, 2-Way glue pen, paper snips and5/8” (1.6cm) Grosgrain Ribbon black.
The NEW Stampin’ Up Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue has been released by Stampin’ UP! Australia. You’ll find brand-new stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, Big Shot™ dies, and a variety of accessories, as well as product suites—a collection of products designed to work together so you can spend your time creating instead of coordinating.
I love many of the products in the mini but my favourite at the moment is the coordinating Build-a-Cupcake punch and Create a Cupcake stamp set (page 12).
I will post some photos of my creations soon… busy preparing for my mini launch party for tomorrow.
Click HERE to download the Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue and Click HERE to download the Supplies List.
Cheers Deb Fearns